I want to say thank you for your time and attention today on the all-hands call. These meetings are important, and during the time of Covid, it gives us a chance to connect, share, and talk about the company’s issues. Discussions are critical to our success and growth strategies.
Great teams have a common understanding of the central tenets that give the company meaning and purpose. In Simon Sinek’s book, “Start with Why,” he makes a compelling argument that people are more interested in why you do what you do rather than explaining what it is that you do. It’s a great read if you’re looking for a good book. As I’ve been thinking about 2021, there are a few questions that I want everyone to know the answers to. Don’t be surprised if you get called on by me or anyone in leadership to answer these questions, and please make sure that folks who are new to Tahzoo know this stuff.
Why did I start Tahzoo? To create a company where people could continuously learn and grow to become the best versions of themselves.
What is the mission statement of Tahzoo (Back to Simon Sinek – Why do we exist)? To make millions of people a little bit happier every day.
What are the core values of Tahzoo?
1. If you care about your clients and you care about your employees, you’ll have a company worth caring about.
2. We look for interesting people who are interested in change.
3. We believe in the marketplace of ideas.
4. We hire for character before we hire for capability.
5. We believe in Smart and Happy people.
What is the most important tool for improving employee satisfaction at Tahzoo? The Voice of the Culture Survey and Kudos
What are the top three priorities of Tahzoo in 2021?
1. Great Customer Service
2. Perfect Quality work
3. Driving Profitability
How do you know if a client is happy? They tell you, and they buy more services from Tahzoo.
How did we come up with the name Tahzoo?
We had five criteria for the perfect name –
1. It had to be a six-letter domain name
2. It needed to be two syllables
3. That the name does not mean anything
4. That it sounded vaguely familiar and slightly whimsical
5. And that there was a lot of search engine equity in the first three letters
With GoDaddy open and having tried countless names, I noticed that behind the Barista, there were Tazo Tea boxes while sitting at a Starbucks. That provided the inspiration, and Tahzoo became the name of our company.
Let’s make sure that everyone in the company knows the answers to these questions, and these are our guideposts for this new phase in our growth. I hope everyone has a great week, and I look forward to speaking with you on Monday.
Let’s go be great!